|130mm Pot||140mm Hanger||200mm Hanger||
- Scientific Name: Alocasia 'Zebrina'
- Other Names: Alocasia zebrina ‘Tiger,’ ‘Elephant Ear,’ Alocasia reticulata zebrina, Alocasia ‘Leopard,’ and Zebra Alocasia. Some of these names, such as ‘Elephant Ear,’ are applied to several species of Alocasia plants.
- Habits: Upright
- Height: Up to 90cm
- Width: Variable
- Exposure: Medium to bright, indirect light. Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight will cause burning.
- Humidity: Minimum 60%
- Watering: Prefers only slightly moist soil and can be allowed to almost dry out in between waterings
- Feed Plant: Fortnightly
- Toxic to Humans & Pets: Yes
Alocasia can enter a dormancy phase over the winter period. While this could mean that almost all, or even all, of the foliage, dies back, it does not mean the plant is entirely dead. Keep the rhizome (main staem) somewhere warm and cut back on watering. New growth should begin to emerge during spring.
ALL INDOOR PLANTS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FOR CLICK & COLLECT FROM WERRIBEE SOUTH FARMGATE OR LOCAL DELIVERY* Please see our local delivery areas here.